Supplying high-quality, natural graphite crystals for research and education. Possible applications include scanning tunneling microscopy, atomic force microscopy, and graphene fabrication and research.
- Low to high quality, depending on crystal size and client's needs
- Near perfect crystals*
- Mirror-smooth surface
- Sharp hexagonal morphology
- Flat surfaces with rounded edges
- Thick crystals
- Growth steps formed from a screw defect
- Variety of step heights
- Multiple spirals can be found on a single crystal
- Lower quality crystals - bulk material
*Due to their extreme rarity, near perfect crystals are available only in limited quantities and are usually limited to crystals smaller than 1 mm across. Generally, crystal perfection varies inversely with the size of the crystal.
Select crystals can be characterized by optical microscopy, including differential interference contrast, scanning electron microscopy, or Raman spectroscopy. Please inquire regarding availability and rates.
Crystals are typically shipped in small vials of distilled water. Select graphite crystals can be mounted on glass slides or on metallic disks useful in AFM and STM imaging.